From An Tir Culturewiki
photo courtesy of Thorwulf
Aldgudana Gunnarsdottir (also known as Dana the Sweet) is a 10th Century Norsewoman currently residing in Birka. Mother to Thora Danasdottir (also known as Little Thora), she earns her living as a dyer and weaver
- Norse Culture
- tablet weaving
- natural dyeing
on the ever growing to learn list
- pewter casting
- silver casting
- yardage weaving
- paper making
- period pigments
- 14th Century costuming and accessories
planned construction projects
- warp weighted loom
- Norse A-frame
- tourney bed based on the Oseberg bed
stuff she's done
- February 1996 - found out about the SCA through a fabulous series of flukes which allowed me to become one of the founding members of what would eventually be known as the Shire of Cae Mor.
- August 1996 - attended my first Clinton War
- September 1996 - drove with friends from Cae Mor to Seagirt to attend Feast of Stories
- March 1997 - became mother to Thora Danasdottir... needed to add to the populace of our fledgling shire!
- November 1999 & 2000 - autocratted my first and second "Sing for your Supper"'s
- November 17th, 2001 - autocratted my third Sing for your Supper where we became the full fledged Shire of Bordergate at the hand of His Majesty King Aveloc... we were Bordergate only while waiting for the name Cae Mor to be passed. Bordergate was graciously loaned to us by previous members of Cae Mor and then Baron and Baroness of Borealis, Magnus and Sidonia.
- November 17th, 2001 - received my Award of Arms from King Aveloc and Queen Mahliqa
- November 2002, 2003, 2004 - autocratted my fourth, fifth, and sixth "Sing for your Supper"'s... due to family crisis this was to be my last time autocratting this event but it sure was a treat to be an attendee for a few years!
- ~ early 2005 - became deputy Seneschal of the Shire of Cae Mor
- ~ early 2006 - became Seneschal of the Shire of Cae Mor
- August 2006 - moved from the Shire of Cae Mor to the Shire of Eisenmarche where Thora and I currently reside
- May Crown 2007 - my first Crown event ever!! Swore fealty to Comtesse Nyfain and became her Lady in Waiting as well as a member of the Darian Household.
- July 2007 - attended my first An Tir/West War
- August 2007 (early) - attended Clinton War, became Dough in the Pure Wenching Tarts Society
- August 2007 (late) - attended my first Sport of Kings
- April 2008 - became Principality Lists Mistress for Tir Righ
- May 10, 2008 - November 22, 2008 - Lady in Waiting to Princess Safiye Konstantiniyye
- May 23, 2009 - released from my fealty to Comtesse Nyfain at Tir Righ's May Coronet
- May 24, 2009 - became Maistro Guidobaldo Marco Odo Romero d'Aquila's apprentice
it's been a little too long since I updated this. In the meantime I have had the honor and the pleasure of serving on many different retinues, both Principality and Kingdom. I have started to really find my groove as a teacher and find that the more I learn the more I want to learn!
my next big to-do thing is create a display for Kingdom Arts and Sciences!