Hraði inn Rakki
From An Tir Culturewiki
(This section is currently very sparse...) Hraði was raised among the rocky fjords of Iceland, but decided at a young age that raising sheep on the side of a mountain was not to be his path. He shipped out with a trading vessel travelling eastward, and offered his service to the Byzantine emperor.
(more to come.)
- Hraði received his Award of Arms from King Aveloc and Queen Mahliqa on November 9, AS 36/2001.
- He served as Baroness Amanda Kendal's Champion of Combat from December 8, AS 36/2001 until May 4, AS 37/2002.
- At Lions Gate May Bardic, May 4, AS 37/2002, he became Baroness Amanda's Bardic Champion as part of the group Musica Moderna.
- On August 11, AS 37/2002 he successfully passed the trials to become a Sergeant of Lions Gate. Hraði was the last sergeant taken by Baroness Amanda Kendal, and renewed his service to the Barony by swearing fealty to Baroness Aurora Argentius when she and Baron Harold Devin of Waltham became the Baron and Baroness. His swore fealty to Baroness Caitrin ni Cingeadh at An Tir Twelfth Night 2008, and is now a sergeant of Baroness Margaret Hamilton of Stirlingshire.
- Hraði received his Jambe de Lion from the hand of Queen Caia Snowden at Clinton War, August 5, AS 41/2006.
- At Lions Gate Baronial Banquet on November 4, AS 41/2006 he was inducted into the Order of the Lion's Claw, a baronial service order. Another leonine body part was added on May 12, AS 42/2007 when he joined the Order of the Lion's Fang after spending a year as the Bardic Defender of Lions Gate.
- At Tir Righ's AS 42 Summer Investiture Prince Ulf Bloodfoot Fallgrson took Hraði as his second man-at-arms.
- At Tir Righ's AS 43 Summer Investiture Thegn Ulf Bloodfoot Fallgrson took Hraði as his squire.
- Hraði was inducted into the Order of the Goutte de Sang at Lions Gate Baroness' Birthday Tournament, November 14, 2008.
- At Baroness' Birthday Tournament of the following year Their Highnesses of Tir Righ, Ulfgar and Renee, honoured Hraði by entering him into the Order of the Silver Pillar.
- Hraði has served on six principality retinues and two kingdom retinues.
- Hraði has served as Lions Gate's Sable Loat Pursuivant, Tir Righ's Hafoc Herald, and for a short time as Silver Yale Herald.
Both Hraði (swift) and inn rakki (straight, upright) are names recorded in the Landnámabók, a book which describes Norse settlement of Iceland in the 9th and 10th centuries AD. While he definitely stands straight and upright, Hraði is still working on the swiftness.
- HE Baroness Aine inghean ui Chonchobhair
- HL Morweena of House Desdecardo
- HG Duke UlfR Blodfotr Fallgrson
- HG Duchess Caoimhe ingen Domnaille
- Mistress Yrsa Kettilsdottir
- HL Thorin Olafsson
- Clan MacAndrew
Daffodil Tournament March 2006
Queen Caia Snowden inducts Hraði inn Rakki into the Order of the Jambe de Lion.
Also known as...
For many years Hraði inn rakki was known as Rodrigo de Cordova. He has also been known as Roderigo Gattamorta d'Amalfi and Crumein MacMhuirich, but that was long ago, and in another country, and besides, the wench is dead.