Uilliam mac Fearchair mhic Gille Aindrias
From An Tir Culturewiki
Uilliam mac Fearchair mhic Gille Aindrias (WILL-yum mak FAR-kar vik gill-eh AHN-drahs) was born in Balnagowan, Scotland, in the year of Our Lord 1263. He was 34, married, and had two sons when William Wallace and Andrew de Moray began the uprising that would eventually lead to Scottish independence. He joined de Moray's rebels at Avoch Castle near Inverness, and aided in the fight to take Balnagowan Castle from the Countess of Ross.
Uilliam received his Award of Arms in October of AS 29 (CE 1994). He received the Magistrae Ithra (MI, or the Magisters Degree) for teaching medieval board games in October AS 31 (CE 1996), and the Lions Claw (LC) for long-time service to the Barony of Lions Gate in November AS 32 (CE 1997). He was accepted into the Order of the Goutte de Sang (GdS), for service to the Kingdom of An Tir, in AS 33 (CE 1998), and the Order of the Silver Pillar for service to the Principality of Tir Righ, in AS 43 (CE 2008).
Uilliam knows stuff about beer. As a result of his knowledge, Uilliam was made a member of L’Ordre de l'Etoile d’Argent in AS 45 (CE 2010), and a member of the Order of the Jambe de Lion in AS 46 (CE 2012).
On the 5th of March, AS 45 (CE 2011), Uilliam was elevated to the Order of the Pelican. On the 16th of February, AS 47 (CE 2013), Uilliam was proud to take his first protégée, Aine inghean ui Chonchobhair. On the 21st of March, AS 49 (CE 2015), Uilliam took Mistress Agnes Cresewyke as a protégée, shortly after becoming her apprentice. On the 27th of February, AS 50 (CE 2016), Uilliam took Sionann in Ui Fhlaithbheartaig as a protégée. Uilliam then noticed on March 2, 2016, that Aine had gone in and changed all spelling for all instances of "protégé". On the 7th of May, AS 51 (CE 2016), Uilliam took Hlíf Áskelsdóttir as protégée.
He bears: Per chevron Argent and Azure, two chess rooks and a winged wolf statant counterchanged. His motto is "Num Is Sum Qui Mentiar Tibi?" ("Would I lie to you?")
- Award of Arms, Oct 2 AS XXIX / 1994
- Magistrae Ithra, Oct 19 AS XXXI / 1996
- Lion's Claw (Lions Gate), Nov 15 AS XXXII / 1997
- Goutte de Sang, Dec 5 AS XXXIII / 1998
- Baroness' Champion of Sciences, AS XXV
- Order of the Silver Pillar, Sep 28 AS XXXXIII / 2008
- L’Ordre de l'Etoile d’Argent, Jun 26 AS XLV / 2010
- Mortar and Pestle (Lions Gate), Dec 4 AS XLV / 2010
- Order of the Pelican, Mar 5 AS XLV / 2011
- Jambe de Lion, Feb 18 AS XLVI / 2012
- Gamesmaster, Lions Gate (AS XXV - XXX)
- Sable Loat Pursuivant, Lions Gate (AS XXX - XXXIII)
- Northern Regional Herald (AS XXXI - XXXII)
- Sable Loat Pursuivant, Lions Gate (AS XXXVIII - AS XL)
- Hafoc Herald, Tir Righ (AS XXXVIII - AS XLII)
- Gamesmaster, Lions Gate (AS XL - AS XLII)
- Deputy Kingdom Gamesmaster (AS XLI - AS XLII)
- Seneschal, Lions Gate (AS XLII - XLIV)
- Deputy Principality Seneschal, Tir Righ (AS XLIII - XLIV)
- Principality Seneschal, Tir Righ (AS XLIV - XLVII)
- Gamesmaster, Lions Gate (AS XLV - L)
- Principality Webminister, Tir Righ (AS XLVI - current)
- Lynx Herald (College of Heralds Web Deputy), Tir Righ (AS XLVI - AS L)
- Deputy Principality Seneschal, Tir Righ (AS XLVII – AS XLVIII)
- Baron of Lions Gate (AS XLVIII - current)